There's nothing quite like the magic of a community parade. Walla Walla's annual Veterans Day Parade is scheduled for Saturday, November 11 at 11:11am. Come out and show your support for our veterans.
Join the Parade!
Clubs, churches, schools, businesses and individuals are invited to honor veterans at the annual Veterans Day Parade. Held on Veterans Day, this event features a huge variety of entries, and thousands of viewers. Volunteers hang signs along the parade route, mark the staging area, and help wrangle the floats into place before the parade.
- Your parade entry will be assigned a number based on receipt of your application.
- The Downtown Foundation reserves the right to move or alter the parade order, as needed, to accommodate any special circumstances.
- A message with a list of the floats and entry numbers will be emailed no later than Thursday before the parade. This email will include details as to the lineup, staging area and awards.
Staging & Route
- Staging begins at 9 a.m. The parade begins at 11:11 a.m.
- The staging area is Alder Street between and including fifth through eighth streets.
- From the staging area on Alder street, go East on Alder street, left on Palouse Street, left on Main Street, Continue through Sixth Street where the parade will disperse. You may not go back to the original staging area. Please make prior arrangements for pick-up after the parade. And, please do not park in the Herring Funeral Home.
Code of Conduct:
- Use and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are forbidden. If intoxicated you will be asked to immediately leave the parade and will not be allowed to participate in the future.
- Respect of all entrants is required. Any unruly behavior or harassment of other parade participants is grounds for immediate removal from the parade.
- There will be NO candy thrown or handouts allowed of any kind during the parade. If this rule is broken you will not be allowed to participate in the parade next year.
- All entries must be honor veterans.
- Vehicular entries are limited to one vehicle pulling a standard trailer. All other vehicle entries must be approved by the Downtown Walla Walla Foundation.
- Equestrian participants are required to clean up all manure from the staging area and parade route.
- All entries must be able to negotiate a left turn onto Palouse and Main Streets street without running up on the curb.